Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Adventure of the Trying to Catch a Bus.

There are somethings you take for granted. When you flick a light switch, the circuit is completed and by magic the lights turn on (Sorry Mr. Delaney, I wasn't paying that close of attention but I'm 75% sure that is what you said). When you flush the toilet, something happens. These and so many other little luxuries I took for granted in the US. Thankfully, these are only occasional set backs but tiny reminders that I am not in suburbia anymore.
Now, don't get me wrong, if I was a PCV anywhere else I doubt I would have so awesome perks as I do here. There is even a sweet, US style grocery store about 25 km away!
And that is the topic of the day, trying to get there. 25 km is only about 15 miles. I would be a totally easy bike ride. The town of Provadia would def make it worth it. There is the problem of the hill. I may have mentioned the hill before, but the hill is unstoppable. The hill is guardian of Provadia, only the worthy may pass.
So that leaves the bus. The Bus has no problem with the hill. However, the bus is just as difficult as the hill. It is an elusive minx. Impossible to catch. It is like a unicorn and a leprechaun had a baby. Not in looks, but in the ease of catching... you know what I mean.
It has been a week, and despite the constant reassurance that there is in fact a bus at that time I have yet to see it. People in fact have claimed to ridden it. So where is this bus?
So, as I type this.... Seriously, where is the bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment