Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer of Tyler

So I have declared this to be the summer of Tyler. I spent a good deal of this winter in a general malaise. I didn’t want to do anything above and beyond just getting through my lessons. This happens every year, but I feel like I didn’t fight it as much as could have. However, ever since Italy I have been in a frenzy of activity (just in time to hit the summer doldrums of Bulgaria, but hey, can’t have everything). After this week I will be home in D-pol for less than 4 days at a shot. I will be bopping from one camp and project to the next for the rest of the summer till Justing comes and my camp starts. Pretty excited, but I know by the end I will be ready to curl up at home in solitude and isolation, but we’ll cross that when we cross it.


However, I got a glimpse this past week of what my productivity wrought. To start with, my PCPP is completed. Hooray! It isn’t perfect and not everything is as I would like it, but that is life. I have to send out my Thank You notes this week. The next success is that both my CP, Jenya , and the school psychologist, Nelly, were selected to be part of the EU study exchange visits. So this fall Jenya will be spending 2 weeks in England and Nelly will be spending 2 weeks in Sweden! I am so excited for them. Sadly, I didn’t get into either of the programs I put myself in on, so not going to return to Italy or get to go to Malta. Damn!


So on the personal front I have decided my next step should be grad school. I am still unsure the specific path I want to take, but I do at least have a general direction to head in. I am looking at a few programs at Duke, Upenn and a few others to do work in International Policy or International Business. If those do not pan out, I will be going for my MBA. In this economy it doesn’t hurt to have an edge, right? Otherwise I am going to try to better myself as a person. I liked it when I was questioned for the “why” behind my actions.
Anyway, burning the candle at both ends just means there is more light, right? Here’s hoping for a fun and productive rest of the summer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment