Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Knezha!

Hey!
So one week ago I was getting dropped off in Philly. What a difference a week makes. We got to the hotel in the mountains which was pretty sweet. The problem was it was above 6,000 ft so I was kinda having some trouble with the altitude. Other than that it was a blast, but really intense. I had language classes, culture classes, safety classes and every possible other class. After that we took a 4 hour bus site to meet my host family, Tsvetana, Lambrin and Plamen. Thank god Plamen's GF was there b/c she speaks perfect english. However, once she left the fun began. I don't know if I fully appreciated the difficulty of the language barrier until I tried to explain the Amish to them. I don't know, but I thought it was kinda funny. I am 90% sure they have no idea what I was trying to say, but we will get there. The next day we registered with the police (I have my passports btw) and bought our cell phones, met the local PCV and hung out. Tomorrow I visit my first Bulgarian classroom. Next post will be some of the hilarious stories so far.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment